Melissa Earnhart began her career as a receptionist at an accounting firm 20 years ago. She worked her way up through each level of business management. She gained practical experience in all aspects of business management, including accounting, tax preparation and planning, royalties, insurance review (in consultation with insurance industry professionals) and music tours. Her client base includes musicians, actors, writers, directors, social media influencers and other high net worth individuals.
Melissa’s focus is Business Management, and she specializes in:
- Financial review, cash management and planning
- Domestic and International Music Tour Planning, including contract review, tax compliance and mitigation, employee classification, insurance coverages, merchandise and budget to actual analysis
- Compliance and reporting for public and private foundations
- Contract review, estate planning, construction projects and life events, all in consultation with counsel
- Royalty review, reporting and tracking
Melissa graduated from the University of New Orleans with a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree. After several years’ experience in business management, she supplemented her education with a Masters in Taxation in 2008 from Golden Gate University.
Melissa is enrolled to practice before the Internal Revenue Service and is a member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants and the California Society of Certified Public Accountants. Melissa’s philanthropic and charitable work focuses on foster-adopt programs through Los Angeles County DCFS, the East LA Women’s Shelter, and UCLA Ties for Families.
Melissa and her partner live in West LA and have 2 children. They are members of the NAACP and the Richland School Booster Club, where Melissa is a past Treasurer. Melissa enjoys swimming, searching for recipes her children might enjoy, being funny and traveling.
MELISSA EARNHART, PARTNER